Fishing is an activity that has been around for centuries, and it has evolved over time. With the advancement of technology, various fishing rigs have been developed to improve the fishing experience. One of the latest additions to the fishing rig family is the Tokyo.
In this article, we will discuss what the Tokyo fishing rags are, how to fish and rig it properly and answer some FAQs. If you are interested in The Drop Shot Rig, The Texas Rig, The Carolina Rig, The Neko Rig The Wacky Rig Also read them.
What is a Tokyo Rig?
The Tokyo rig fishing is a new developed by VMC. It is a variation of the traditional Carolina rig, but it has a few key differences. The Rig has a free-moving weight attached to the hook, which allows for more natural bait movement. This gives the bait a more realistic presentation, which can be more enticing to fish.
How to Fish with a Tokyo Rig
How to Fish with a Tokyo Rig Fishing with a Tokyo is quite simple, but it does require some technique. Here are the steps to follow when fishing with This Rig:
- Choose your bait – Any soft plastic bait can be used with the Tokyo Rig. However, the best baits to use are those that have a lot of action, such as creature baits or worms.
- Attach the bait – Attach your chosen bait to the hook. Make sure that the bait is secured correctly, so it doesn’t fall off during casting.
- Attach the weight – Thread the free-moving weight onto the line, then attach it to the hook using a snap or a swivel.
- Cast the line – Cast the line out into the water, and let it sink to the bottom.
- Retrieve the line – Slowly retrieve the line, making sure to keep it tight. This will allow you to feel any bites or nibbles.
- Set the hook – When you feel a bite, set the hook firmly to ensure that the fish is properly hooked.
How to Rig a Tokyo Rig Rigging
How to Rig a Tokyo Rig Rigging a Tokyo Rig is also quite simple. Here are the steps to follow:
Choose your hook
The Tokyo Rig can be rigged with any type of hook, but the best ones to use are those with a wide gap.
Thread the line
Thread the line through the eye of the hook, then tie a knot.
Attach the weight
Thread the free-moving weight onto the line, then attach it to the hook using a snap or a swivel.
Trim the tag end
Trim the tag end of the line, making sure to leave enough for tying on a leader or attaching a bait.
The Tokyo Rig is an innovative fishing rig that can improve your fishing experience. It is easy to fish and rig, and it allows for more natural bait movement, which can be more enticing to fish. With the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to fish and rig a Tokyo Rig properly.